634 PHOffice Hours:
1:30 - 3:00 M, W
& by appointmentCV:
- Ph.D., equivalent in Methodology of Teaching Russian and Foreign Languages
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION AND INTEREST
- Specialist in the development of Intensive Russian Language Course for the professionals
- Methodology of Teaching the Russian Language
- Russian Culture and Civilization
- 1993 - Present Lecturer. The University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa.
- Indianan University (Summer Slavic Workshop) Bloomington, Indiana; Black Hawk College, Illinois
- University of Bergamo, Italy
- Havana University, Cuba
- Moscow State University of M. Lomonosov
PUBLICATIONS -- over 30 publications are available upon request
- First-fourth year Russian
- Beginning and Advanced Conversation and Composition
- Russian Linguistics
- Russian Slang and Contemporary Language of Russian Youth
- Surviving Russia
- Winter intensive advanced Russian (120 hours)
- Summer 8-weeks intensive Russian (160 hours)
- Paganism and Folklore
- Russian Orthodoxy and Culture
- Islamic Women in Russia
- Youth Subcultures after Socialism
- Little Tragedies of Pushkin
- 1996-1998 National Security Education (NSEP) "Improving International Educational Opportunities among Diverse Student Populations: Russian and Ukrainian Studies."
- 2005 Instructional Improvement Award. Through a Veil of Clouds. Islamic Women in Dagestan (Russia): from Segregation to Liberation and back.
- 2007 Department of Education of the USA. FIPSE. Preparing Bilingual Professionals for the New Global Economy
- 2010 International Programs Major Project: "20 Years after the Berlin Wall: Women's Shifting Roles and Status in Post-Communist Europe"
- 2010 U.S. Department of Education through the Fulbright-Hayes Group Project Abroad Program
- 2012 "Bridging the Gap Through Standards & Technology: STARTALK Program for Russian Teachers"
- 2013 "Bridging the Gap Through Standards & Technology: STARTALK Program for Russian Teachers"
- 2013 Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program ($75,000), Department of Education
- 2014 Bridging the Digital Gap. STARTALK Summer Program ($90,000), Department of Defense
- 2015 Bridging the Digital Gap. STARTALK Summer Program ($90,000), Department of Defense
- 2016 Bridging the Digital Gap. STARTALK Summer Program ($91, 000), Department of Defense
- 2017 Bridging the Digital Gap. STARTALK Summer Program ($89,915 ), Department of Defense
- 2017 Rethinking Russian Language programming for 21st Century Students ($135,839), Department of Education
- 2011 The President and Provost Award for Teaching Excellence, the Council of Teaching, University of Iowa
- 2013 Certificate of Nomination for U.S. Professors of the Year Awards Program